PAB is currently looking for more volunteers to help out with our popular coffee mornings. This social event is important to many people with sight loss; It allows members to widen their social networks, develop new friendships, reduce feelings of isolation and improve their quality of life.
Below you can find more information about the type of volunteer we are looking for and the role that you would be doing. If you have a few hours to spare and would like to be part of our friendly team, please get in touch.
Our coffee mornings take place every 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month at St. Peter and All Souls Church Hall in Peterborough, starting at 10.30 am and finishing at 12.00 noon.
- To help organise each session, including setting up the room; serving tea, coffee and biscuits; clearing up when members have left.
- To provide communication and guiding support as needed to enable all members to participate fully.
- To provide a short report back of numbers present in order to support funding bids.
- To provide a regular commitment of time, and provide as much notice as possible of any absence.
You will be:
- Someone with excellent organisational skills with the ability to work without close supervision.
- A reliable, confident, enthusiastic and responsible individual, with good interpersonal skills.
- A good team player, with effective communication skills.
- Interested in working with people who have a variety of abilities.
- Able to demonstrate sensitivity and understanding of the needs of people who have sight loss.
- Willing to learn communication and guiding techniques to meet the needs of the members.
- Willing to adhere to the requirements of PAB volunteer policies and procedures.
We can offer:
- Induction to PAB and working with people with sight loss.
- Training in sighted guiding.
- Support of a volunteer co-ordinator and other volunteers.
- A written protocol to help you perform your voluntary role.
- Regular opportunities to meet with members of PAB, Trustees and other volunteers.
For more information on this rewarding role, please click here to contact the office.