The Peterborough Low Vision Day 2018 will take place on Friday 21st September from 10.30am to 3.30pm at Deafblind UK in Hampton (next to the Harvester restaurant and a short walk from Tesco or Dobbies garden centre).Click here to visit the Deafblind website where you can find them on the map.
The Low Vision Day helps anyone connected to sight loss (individuals, friends, family, professionals) to find out just what clubs, activities and support is available in Peterborough and the surrounding areas. A wide range of items to help with daily life will be on display and a chance to talk to organisers of activities and services available in Peterborough.
It is a free, one-day event and there is no need to register, just turn up on the day and take in all that’s on offer. This is a popular event, so to avoid overcrowding we recommend that you come later in the day so that you have more time to talk to the exhibitors and to get the information you might want.
- See a wide range of items that can help with daily life and maintain independence
- Get hands-on demonstrations of the latest mobile and desktop equipment from the leading suppliers
- Talk to organisers of activities and services available in Peterborough
- Find out about the latest products, books, magazines and newspapers
- Guide dogs experience with a demo from GuideDogs
- Try something new like archery or yoga
- Free tea and coffee
There will be trained volunteer sighted guides on hand so if you are travelling alone and need some help you won’t miss a thing. Other special requirements must be arranged in advance.
DeafBlind UK is located in Hampton (close to Tesco) and free parking is available. The Stagecoach citibus service 6 runs nearby.
For more information on this event please call the office or email Mandy Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org (putting LV Day in the subject line).