Vista is the leading provider of services for blind and partially sighted people in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. Established in 1858, they work with children and adults with sight loss and are passionate about providing the very best services; in hospitals, at home, in residential care and in the community. Whether someone is newly diagnosed or has lived their whole life with reduced sight, Vista’s specialist staff provide a vital lifeline to many local people by:
- Promoting eye health to prevent sight loss
- Reducing the impact of sight loss
- Providing support and care for people with sight loss
They teach people with sight loss new skills and provide specialist equipment and tools. Their qualified specialist staff have a wealth of experience in supporting people with sight loss to develop important practical, social and emotional skills, building their confidence and independence. They are also there at the point of diagnosis, supporting children and adults in eye clinics by providing information, advice, guidance and support when it’s most needed.
They support children and adults with sight loss, providing specialist leisure activities, music therapy and professional rehabilitation support in both the home and the community. As well as this, they provide specialist services for people with learning disabilities, dementia and dual sensory impairment.
They aim to tackle social isolation and ensure that every person they work with has real human contact, providing befriending and social groups to people who would otherwise be isolated and unable to leave their homes. We also provide over 70,000 talking newspapers a year. Other services include:
- Advice and Information services in hospitals
- Assessment and rehabilitation services for Leicestershire County and Leicester City Councils
- Befriending scheme
- Guide communicators for people with dual sensory loss
- Low Vision Clinic and the Vista shop selling useful products
- Residential care homes for older people including New Wycliffe Home for the Blind and
- Kathleen Rutland Residential Home
- Respite care
- Smaller homes for people with learning difficulties
- Services for children, young people and families
- Social and activity groups
- Talking newspapers
Please click here for more information about Vista or contact them using the information below.
1a Salisbury Road,
0116 249 8839
Monday – Saturday, 9am to 5pm