Huntingdonshire Society for the Blind is an independent, local charity dedicated to supporting people with sight impairment who live in the old county of Huntingdonshire.
The Society provides a wide range of activities and services tailored to the individual needs of our members, their carers and families including:
- Home visit outreach service to assess needs and provide information and support
- Identification of and assistance with entitlements applications
- Visual and mobility aid equipment centre which can be demonstrated at the office or in members’ homes including talking watches, weighing scales, microwaves, liquid level indicators and much more. In addition to new stock items they have a selection of second-hand living aids available for a donation.
- Monthly social meetings in St Neots, St Ives, Ramsey and Huntingdon
- Sports and leisure group
- Christmas party and summer outing
- Subsidised and escorted annual holiday
- Quarterly newsletters available in PDF format, large print, Braille or on CD.
- Emotional Support
- IT support and information
- Volunteer home visiting scheme
There is no membership fee and you do not have to be registered sight impaired. Please click here for more information about Huntingdonshire Society for the Blind or contact them using the information below.
Huntingdonshire Society for the Blind
8 St. Mary’s Street
Monday – Friday 10am – 3pm