Specialist Teaching Service – Hearing, Vision and Physical Support
The Specialist Teaching Service aims to ensure the inclusion and achievement of children and young people with hearing and/or vision impairments and physical disabilities and the building of expertise and capacity within educational settings / schools in Peterborough, in line with current local and national strategies.
The focus of support across the service continues to be working in partnership with families, schools, pre-school settings, post 16 provisions and other involved agencies so as to ensure the needs of the children / young people we work with are fully met. To achieve this we use a variety of approaches:
- Assessment of need
- Advice to settings / schools and parents
- Support for settings / schools and parents
- Formal and informal training for setting / school staff
- Provision of specialist education equipment for sensory impairment
- Monitoring of progress and educational provision
- Liaison and close work with different professionals and agencies
- Input to Education, Health and Care needs assessments and reviews
In some specific cases where there is a high level of need, the team may on occasions do direct teaching of particular skills with a child or young person.
- PE1 1FB
- Staff will primarily meet service users in the community.
All SENI Services work with Family Voice Peterborough to run monthly Parent/Carer Hubs. For more details on the hubs, please see the Family Voice Peterborough website: www.familyvoice.org.uk